Inside Ludlow Castle with more than 180 local food and drink producers and suppliers: real food, ale, cider, perry, wine and more from the Marches, with samples and tastings.
Is Managing Director and owner of Frank P Matthews Ltd a wholesale tree nursery located in Tenbury Wells, Worcestershire. Frank P Matthews is one of the largest tree nurseries in the UK and supplies garden centres, commercial growers, mail order companies and the public through it’s onsite Tree Shop with fruit and ornamental pot grown and bare root trees.
Nick has recently been awarded the Royal Horitcultural Society’s (RHS) highest honour, the Victoria Medal of Honour (VMH). The VMH is awarded to British horticulturists deserving of special honour by the RHS for horticultural excellence and personal endeavour and is regarded internationally as the highest distinction in horticulture. Only 63 medals are ever held at one time, Nick’s father Mr Andrew Dunn was also awarded the VMH in 2003.
This talk will take place in the Aardvark Festival Bookshop, in the Castle Gardens area of the Castle.
Nick has been awarded this medal for his service to the horticultural industry and over 40 years working for and running Frank P Matthews. His other key achievements include:
- Current Chairman of the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) Fruit, Vegetable and Herb Committee
- President of International Plant Propagation Society (IPPS) 1984-1985
- Horticultural Development Council Hardy Nursery Stock Chairman
- National Fruit Collection Defra Advisory Committee
- Director of The Nuclear Stock Association (NSA)
- Director of The Batsford Foundation at Batsford Arbouretum
- Director of The Marcher Apple Network
- Author of ‘The Tree Guide for Gardens’ (2001)