Inside Ludlow Castle with more than 180 local food and drink producers and suppliers: real food, ale, cider, perry, wine and more from the Marches, with samples and tastings.
Explore Ludlow; visit the many pubs and eateries taking part in this year's Real Ale Trail and sample some of the plentiful real ales produced in Ludlow and across the Welsh Marches.
Not taken part before...then Here's How It Works!
- The Ale Trail takes place between Friday afternoon and early Sunday evening. (Please remember to check the opening/closing times of each outlet first before organising your route!)
- Tickets are £6.50 each and are available to purchase online - with a limited number held back to sell on Friday at 4pm, and the remainder from 9.30am on Saturday, from the Ludlow Food Festival Information Point which will be situated near the entrance to the castle. Buy Now
- Collect your Real Ale Trail tickets/voting form from the Ludlow Food Festival Information Stall near the castle entrance. The Ale Trail Ticket gives full instructions; a map, list of participating pubs and eateries, tasting notes and marking card for your votes.
- Free souvenir mini tasting tankard.
- Free taste of qualifying real ale in each outlet.
- Free bottle of Blonde, brewed by Ludlow Brewing Company.
- Free Ride on our 'hop on, hop off' Minibus ciruclar route - Saturday only, 12noon to 6pm
- Choose your favourite real ale...award your points for each one you sample.
- Return your voting form to the Ludlow Food Festival Information Point before 2.30pm on Sunday afternoon for your votes to be included in the count.
The Real Ale with the most points wins the 'People's Choice Festival Ale of the Year' Award, with an 'Experts Choice Festival Ale of the Year' Award, be judged by a special panel on Saturday afternoon.
Numbers are limited...so don't delay in getting yours!
Here are some of the participating outlets for the 2019 Real Ale Trail - more to follow soon...
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY - DO NOT DRINK & DRIVE