Inside Ludlow Castle with more than 180 local food and drink producers and suppliers: real food, ale, cider, perry, wine and more from the Marches, with samples and tastings.
September 2019 saw our very special 25th Anniversary Ludlow Food Festival - it was a wonderful celebration of food and drink from the Marches area. With 3 bumper days, full to the brim and celebrating some of the finest producers and chefs of the region, it was a wonderful weekend!
2020 promises even more - and as always you will be guaranteed FREE talks, demonstrations and tastings across Ludlow's three main stages including the Wots Cooking Stage (Inner Bailey), Graeme Kidd Stage (Outer Bailey) and The Fire Stage (Outer Bailey). We also have the ever-popular Bake In Time Stage (Inner Bailey) and the Aardvark Festival Bookshop (Castle Gardens). Each stage hosts different Chef, Producer and Speaker appearances every day of the Festival.
2019's line up included:
- Superstar chef and meat fanatic, Gareth Ward, from the Michelin starred and 5 AA rosette Ynyshir Restaurant and Rooms near Machynlleth
- Redefining plants was Richard Buckley, chef and co-owner of the innovative vegan Acorn Restaurant in Bath
- Always keen to show off local talent, Olivia Burt originally from Worcestershire, is the first woman to reach the Roux Scholarship Finals in four years
- 2012’s GBBO winner, John Whaite shared inspiration from his latest cookery book ‘A Flash in the Pan’
- Awarding winning food historian and writer, Angela Clutton gave a special peek inside ‘The Vinegar Cupboard’
- 3rd generation restaurateur, TV chef and food writer, Kwoklyn Wan revealed the secrets to cooking perfect Chinese takeaway dishes
Over on the popular Fire Kitchen stage...
... were some of the best live-fire cooking demos around!
2019 featured among others:
The Aardvark festival bookshop saw...
- Allan Jenkins (OFM editor & author)
- Russell Norman (Polpo)
- Romy Gill MBE (Romy’s Kitchen)
- The Clean Kilo (one of the country's front-runners in the war on single use plastic and food waste)
Chefs and food experts from the Marches area:
- Andy Link from the Riverside Inn at Aymestry – Slow Food Chef Alliance member, and recently awarded Visit England Tourism Pub of the Year
- Karl Martin from the acclaimed 4 AA Rosette Old Downton Lodge
- Lee Westcott from newly-opened Pensons Restaurant
And that'S just for starters!
Talks & Tastings - these interactive sessions are your chance to 'meet the producers' as well as sample what they have to offer! From herbs, vegan street food, foraging and butchery - we like to cover it all!
There are also Slow Food workshops and masterclasses, which aren't included in your ticket price - but all the talks and chef demonstrations are completely FREE!
Be sure to sign up to our newsletter to get the latest news and announcements! You can sign up by following the link here and scrolling to the bottom of the page: