Inside Ludlow Castle with more than 180 local food and drink producers and suppliers: real food, ale, cider, perry, wine and more from the Marches, with samples and tastings.
The line-up for our very special 25th Anniversary Ludlow Food Festival in 2019 is here! We keep adding more details so check back here when you can and make sure you're signed up to our newsletter... As always you will be guaranteed talks, demonstrations and tastings across Ludlow's three main stages including the Wots Cooking Stage (Inner Bailey), Graeme Kidd Stage (Outer Bailey) and The Fire Stage (Outer Bailey). We also have the ever-popular Bake In Time Stage (Inner Bailery) and the Aardvark Festival Bookshop (Castle Gardens). Each stage hosts different Chef, Producer and Speaker appearances every day of the Festival.
2019's line up includes:
- Superstar chef and meat fanatic, Gareth Ward, from the Michelin starred and 5 AA rosette Ynyshir Restaurant and Rooms near Machynlleth
- No big birthday is complete without cake, so baking expert, author, This Morning's TV cook and food stylist, Juliet Sear is giving a special nod to the Festival’s 25th birthday
- Redefining plants will be Richard Buckley, chef and co-owner of the innovative vegan Acorn Restaurant in Bath
- Always keen to show off local talent, Olivia Burt originally from Worcestershire, is the first woman to reach the Roux Scholarship Finals in four years
- 2012’s GBBO winner, John Whaite will be sharing inspiration from his latest cookery book ‘A Flash in the Pan’
- Awarding winning food historian and writer, Angela Clutton will be giving a special peek inside ‘The Vinegar Cupboard’
- Named as one of the 100 most influential women in hospitality two years running, Emily Scott is the chef at The St Tudy Inn in Cornwall and recently appeared on Great British Menu
- 3rd generation restaurateur, TV chef and food writer, Kwoklyn Wan reveals the secrets to cooking perfect Chinese takeaway dishes
Over on the popular Fire Kitchen stage...
... we've got some of the best live-fire cooking demos around!
2019 will feature among others:
- Colin McSherry (head chef at Gridiron)
- James Whetlor (Cabrito Goat)
- Ben Tish (culinary director of The Stafford London)
- Steve Lamb (River Cottage)
The Aardvark festival bookshop sees...
- Allan Jenkins (OFM editor & author)
- Russell Norman (Polpo)
- Romy Gill MBE (Romy’s Kitchen)
- Ryan Riley (The Life Kitchen)
- The Clean Kilo (one of the country's front-runners in the war on single use plastic and food waste)
Chefs and food experts from the Marches area:
- Andy Link from the Riverside Inn at Aymestry – Slow Food Chef Alliance member, and recently awarded Visit England Tourism Pub of the Year
- Karl Martin from the acclaimed 4 AA Rosette Old Downton Lodge
- Lee Westcott from newly-opened Pensons Restaurant
And that's just for starters!
Talks & Tastings - these interactive sessions are your chance to 'meet the producers' as well as sample what they have to offer! From herbs, vegan street food, foraging and butchery - we like to cover it all!
There are also Slow Food workshops and masterclasses, which aren't included in your ticket price - but all the talks and chef demonstrations are completely FREE!
Be sure to sign up to our newsletter to get the latest news and announcements! You can sign up by following the link here and scrolling to the bottom of the page: