Inside Ludlow Castle with more than 180 local food and drink producers and suppliers: real food, ale, cider, perry, wine and more from the Marches, with samples and tastings.
The line-up for 2019 is already underway and we promise it will be spectacular! - keep checking back for more details and make sure you're signed up to our newsletter... but you will be guaranteed talks, demonstrations and tastings across Ludlow's three main stages including the Wots Cooking Stage (Inner Bailey), Graeme Kidd Stage (Outer Bailey) and The Fire Stage (Outer Bailey). Each stage hosts different Chef and Producer appearances every day of the Festival.
2018's line up included:
- Wahaca founder Thomasina Miers
- gardener Alys Fowler and the London Honey Company’s Steve Benbow
- Bristol based-chefs and writers Claire Thomson (5 O’Clock Apron)
- Romy Gill MBE (Romy’s Kitchen)
- Observer Food Magazine editor Allan Jenkins
Chefs and food experts from the Marches area:
- Andy Link from the Riverside Inn at Aymestry – recently awarded Visit England Tourism Pub of the Year
- Karl Martin from the acclaimed Old Downton Lodge.
Other chefs we welcomed to the stages in 2018 were:
- Brad Carter of Birmingham’s Michelin starred Carters of Moseley
- award-winning cookery writer Charlotte Pike
- James Whetlor of Cabrito Goat
- DJ BBQ
- Louise Ellis from Nottingham’s Michelin starred Restaurant Sat Bains
- Elly Curshen from the Pear Café in Bristol
- Lizzy Hughes from Malvern’s vegan and vegetarian cookery school, Our Lizzy Cookery School.
And that was just for starters!
The Fire Kitchen hosted an abundance of 'Live Fire Chefs' throughout the weekend sharing their skills of slow-roasting, BBQ'ing and much more - and they'll be back for 2019...with even more exciting fire-based cooking!!
Talks & Tastings - these interactive sessions are your chance to 'meet the producers' as well as sample what they have to offer! From herbs, vegan street food, foraging and butchery - we like to cover it all!
We also had the ever-popular 'Bake In Time' marquee with Great British Bake Off Stars appearing to demonstrate their baking skills There was also the pop-up bookshop from Aardvark Books with a fantastic range of speakers covering hot topics such as "How To Live Plastic Free" by Clare Fishcer of the Marine Conservation Society, and "Growing For Pollination" with Alys Fowler, and Steve Benbow of The London Honey Company.
There are also Slow Food workshops and masterclasses, which aren't included in your ticket price - but all the talks and chef demonstrations are completely FREE!
Be sure to sign up to our newsletter to get the latest news and announcements! You can sign up by following the link here and scrolling to the bottom of the page: